Technology Leader Job Description - 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are a small virtual SaaS business looking for a Technology Leader to provide sound leadership and ensure efficiency and security in all aspects of our technology landscape. In this role, you will communicate with distributed team members, vendors and clients to ensure ACA TRACK technologies are streamlined, efficient and secure. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in current technology and IT security trends and familiar with operating a SaaS model and Microsoft Azure cloud computing.
This position will be 100 percent virtual/telecommuting and part-time/seasonal. Expect 20 hours per week with peak hours being worked in December and January. Work hours are flexible but must be primarily worked in Eastern zone standard business hours (9am-5pm ET)
- Leadership & Strategy - Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of a technology roadmap that aligns with ACA TRACK strategic business goals by consistently assessing the needs of various departments; benchmarking and tracking new technology within our industry; recommending innovative, cutting edge solutions that support our service offerings; and enhancing company profitability. In addition, collaborating with our outsourced IT development team to ensure productivity and efficiency best practices are established and maintained.
- Innovation and Collaboration - Create a process for continuous improvement in technology by evaluating current manual and electronic process; maximizing efficiencies through integrated IT solutions and reduced “touches”; leading cross-functional teams and a process that assesses, pilots, trains and implements new technology, including improvements to current proprietary software.
- Security and Reliability - Ensure the reliability and security of all technology platforms and protect sensitive internal and external client information; developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans, and driving continual evaluation of current IT systems (hardware and software) along with recommendations on necessary upgrades; own ACA TRACK’s IT compliance initiatives and be point of contact for clients on IT risk assessment inquiries.
- Financial responsibility- Implement cost-effective technology solutions; tracking and evaluating licensing, purchases and vendor contracts.
- Operations - Support the enforcement of technology processes and best practices by establishing and communicating company standards and policies for systems, equipment and software; identifying areas of non-compliance; and implementing improvement plans.
- Training - Provide leadership in the continuous improvement of technology skills of all team members by creating and implementing training opportunities for various roles, departments and software systems.
You must have
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a technology leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure), database concepts
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Self-starter with a proven track record of success in a 100% remote/telecommuting position
- Maturity, judgment, strong organizational skills, and the ability to perform independently for long periods without close supervision
- Must be a team player, comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong interpersonal skills and command of the English language, written and verbal
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Applicant must bring own technology with high-speed internet access in a secure, private setting, Windows or Mac OS [Minimum Reqs: Processor - dual core @ 2.4 GHz (i5 or i7 Intel processor or equivalent AMD); RAM - 8 GB; Operating System - Windows 10 or Apple OS X 10.11]
- U.S. citizen residing within the United States
Bonus points for
- Employee Benefits technology experience
- Experience with HIPAA and GDPR compliance
- Certification in Information Systems Security
- Experience as a data architect or DBA
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Eastern or central time zone location ideal but not essential